If you travel a lot and need a good travel scope take along, the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope Telescope is the ideal choice. This travelscope is suitable to also use at home if you’re a beginner.
The Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope is an excellent, easy-to-use, portable scope that comes with its own rucksack and a variety of features. A remarkable tool for beginners, even for children, and a great telescope for intermediate astronomers who look forward to refine their skills.
What is the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope?
The Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope is a great tool when you plan on moving to a great observation point. It’s a 70mm refractor telescope with a 2.76-inch aperture. In addition, pack includes two eyepieces of 10mm and 20mm, giving a magnification of 40x and 20x.
As a plus, this scope comes with full-color, detailed instructions, a sky X software that allows you to learn more about planets and stars, an aluminum tripod and a padded backpack case where you can keep everything.
This Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope model makes a good gift for children (12+) and grownups alike, as it can be carried throughout the learning period and even after.
|18 x 7 x 14 inches
|“The SkyX” astronomy software
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope Telescope
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
[su_service title=”PROS” icon=”icon: plus-square” icon_color=”#4fac37″]
- Portability – Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope comes with a stylish backpack and weighs only 3lbs. You can grab it and run to the closest observation point with ease. Not to mention that you can take your travelscope with you on your trips or during your holidays.
- Price – You can purchase the Celestron travel telescope for around $60. Celestron is a company whose quality is world-renowned, and it has never disappointed its fans.
- A resistant telescope, despite its plastic parts, that may give it sometimes a cheap look.
[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
[su_service title=”CONS” icon=”icon: minus-square” icon_color=”#ac3746″][/su_service]
- Light weight tripod – It could work if you set your gear on a table or a flat and stable surface. However, if you’re going out to an observation point, this may not be the best option. If you want something better, you can buy another tripod, and everything will be just fine. The Celestron 21035’s tripod might just add some extra weight to your backpack.
- Plastic finder and focuser – It doesn’t look cheap, but all plastic components make it quite fragile, so you will have to be extra-careful while handling it. Still, that’s what makes it a great portable telescope because it’s very light. If you consider that the entire pack has approx. 3 lbs (approx. 1.5kg), it’s more than perfect.
Where to Find the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope Telescope?
You will find this telescope somewhere around $65. Prices go from $40 for the second-hand telescopes to $70 for the new ones. We strongly insist that you buy a new telescope from a trustworthy place, be that a shop or a website. Being a rather fragile piece, with a lot of plastic components, you may want to invest a bit more and to have your own brand new telescope. As every product, comes with a two years warranty, you may want to buy it asap.
For the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope Telescope, Amazon offers free shipping for every telescope purchased from their websites. This means saving money and time, which is more than great. Your telescope will arrive in a matter of days, for a price starting somewhere around $65.97.
This telescope requires very little maintenance work. Still, you may want to respect some rules while and after using it, just to have this scope for years.
- Pay attention to the care and cleaning of the optics – clean the dust or the moisture which accumulate. Remove them by gently brushing the Celestron 21035.
- If you’re using a soft tissue, remember not to rub in circles. Clean it with low to no pressure, starting from the center of the lens (or mirror) towards the margins.
- After, remember to apply all cover-lens to prevent further contamination.
- Do not try to repair or adjust the telescope. This is entirely the Celestron repair department‘s job. By trying to fix it, you may actually lose the warranty.
- Do not look directly at the sun with this piece (unless you have the proper solar filter). You may hurt your eyes irreversibly if you do.
The Celestron 21035 70 mm Travel Scope comes in a pack of 3.3 pounds (18 x 7 x 14). The standard accessories include a rucksack where you should put the telescope, a tripod and all coated glass optical elements for clear, crisp images.
Also, the travelscope comes with “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software, which comprises a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps, and 75 enhanced images. These will make you, or the one who will use the telescope, true specialists in astronomy. All pieces fit perfectly inside the backpack. This is the ultimate scope for all travelers. Even more, you can pair it with the Celestron Skyportal Wifi Module.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in case of defective components or damage from normal wear and tear. If the portable telescope has problems, do not try to fix it by yourself, as you will lose the warranty.
We strongly recommend it for all beginner astronomers and especially extra active ones. The best features of Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope are its price and portability. Given the number of components, the price is extremely small. This is an excellent, easy-to-use, portable scope. We love the rucksack and the way in which everything just fits in.
With the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope telescope, you can actually see the rings of Saturn, not to mention the moon, nebulas and a variety of celestial bodies. Again, don’t expect full clarity and amazing details, after all, it’s a remarkable tool for beginners (and even for children).
The best features of Celestron 70mm Travel Scope Telescope are the price and the portability.