If you’re hunting for outstanding value on the telescope market, you should definitely consider the Celestron C90 Mak. Manufactured by one of the most reputable telescope companies in the industry, Celestron, the C90 Mak spotting scope is a best-selling Maksutov telescope.
Equipped with all the features you could ever hope for in a telescope, the Celestron Maksutov Cassegrain C90 Mak spotting scope is a best buy that delivers quality, results and customer satisfaction. Even the pickiest of customers appreciate the Celestron International Celestron C90 Mak, awarding the Spotter C90 with amazing reviews on Amazon. To help you get a better idea about the Celestron Spotter C90, keep reading our Celestron C90 review.
What is the Celestron C90 Mak?
The Celestron C90 Mak is a Maksutov scope with 90 mm diameter and multi-coated optics. The Celestron C90 Mak was first released in the 70s, with a hefty price tag attached. Nowadays, the Celestron C90 Mak has been completely redesigned and is one of the best scopes Celestron offers its customers. Instead of using mostly plastic components like most of its competitors, Celestron uses an abundance of metal for durability. Even though this adds to the Celestron C90 Mak weight, its structure recommends it as a trustworthy long-term investment.
The Celestron C90 focal length is 1,250 mm, quite long as compared to other similar models. It requires equally durable Celestron C90 accessories to support it, like a high-quality tripod. It weighs a total of 4.41 pounds and its dimensions are 10 by 7 by 16 inches. The best thing about the Celestron c90 is that you can easily use it for both terrestrial and celestial viewing. Thus, both animal or landscape watchers and aspiring astronomers will enjoy this scope. One particular Celestron C90 review on Amazon highlights the fact that its price is amazing, especially for the myriad of benefits it offers.
Nevertheless, what are the upsides and downsides to this scope? Take a look at the next part of our Celestron C90 Mak spotting scope review to see both the good and the bad.
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron C90 Mak
- Price / Value – value seekers have really hit the jackpot with the Celestron C90 Mak. It is incredibly inexpensive for the features it has and is well worth the investment.
- Durability – owing to its metal components, the Celestron C90 Mak was designed to withstand wear and tear.
- Multi Coated Optics – for a top-notch observing experience.
- Compact Design – ideal for customers who plan to travel to observe.
- Accessories – if you order the Celestron C90 Mak on Amazon, you also get a 32 mm eyepiece, an erect image finderscope (8 x 21) and an erect image diagonal (45 degrees).
- Reputation – not only is it among the top 40 best-selling scopes on Amazon, but it also has a wonderful customer rating average of 4.4 out of 5 stars. As far as reviews are concerned, 112 out of a total of 127 Amazon reviews are positive.
- Lacks Waterproof Features – unfortunately, one of the main cons related to the Celestron C90 Mak is that it is not waterproof. Even though this isn’t a definitive trait for high-quality scopes, it certainly helps those who observe in areas that are prone to shaky weather.
- Potential Alignment Issues – a critical reviewer on Amazon complained about having difficulties with alignment. However, we wouldn’t consider this a con for all, as it varies from customer to customer.
Where to find the Celestron C90 Mak?
The best place to buy any telescope– the Celestron C90 Mak included – is Amazon. You can benefit from discounts, promotions, and even free shipping. At the moment, the Celestron C90 Mak is around $180, including free shipping. You can also choose one-day shipping or gift wrapping at checkout.
Due to its 40X magnification, the Celestron c90 is ideal for both wildlife, and celestial observing. The combination of lenses and mirrors are the secret of the excellent optics of this scope. Indeed, many reviewers are amazed by the sharp images the Celestron c90 Mak delivers. The scope comes with 32 mm eyepiece, and is very well-built. The front lens features great multi-coatings. Users are delighted by the vivid colors and amazing details this scope provides. With an optional 12.5 mm eyepiece, you will be able to see the gorgeous four moons of Jupiter!
As the Celestron C90 Mak is not waterproof, you should take extra special care with shielding it from the elements. If possible, try to avoid taking it out for observation if the weather conditions aren’t suitable. If you do choose to view with poor weather, make sure you protect the Celestron C90 Mak.
When ordering on Amazon, you get the accessories we mentioned earlier in our review: eyepiece, diagonal and finderscope. However, you should also consider investing in a sturdy tripod. The large focal length of the Celestron C90 Mak makes this almost a necessity.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
There aren’t any public details about the Celestron C90 Mak on Amazon. Nonetheless, you have the option of getting in touch with customer service for more information on this topic. To do so, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you include the complete name of the product and the link to its product page. You will receive an answer in due time from one of their specialists.
All in all, we recommend the Celestron C90 Mak for those who are passionate about astronomy and who want to make a smart buying decision. With this Celestron spotting scope, you get quality, flexibility and durability all in one for celestial and terrestrial observation alike. If this is the first time you consider getting a scope, you can take a look at our telescope buying guide. You will better understand what to look for. Have you already used the Celestron c90? What was it like? Leave your comments below! We love to get the feedback of our readers!