As far as the best telescope accessories and reliable astronomy camera accessories, in particular, are concerned, the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter is an excellent addition to your collection. Astrophotographers know how much an astronomy camera adapter can come in handy, by easing the whole setup and execution process. A telescope camera adapter like the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter will help any individual who wants to take photographs of celestial objects without the added hassle. This astronomy camera adapter is one of the best telescope accessories for astrophotography that money can buy, securing a spot in Amazon’s best-sellers list for adapters.
Even more so, Orion company reviews show that Orion telescope accessories are products you really can count on for quality, value and amazing results. To help you see the big picture about this camera adapter for astrophotography, we have put together a detailed Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter review. You will learn how to use the Orion variable universal camera adapter, what advantages and disadvantages the Orion 1.25 universal camera adapter has and an abundance of information about Orion astronomy products.
What is the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter?
We’ll start with the basics: what is the Orion variable universal camera adapter? To put it shortly, it is a universal camera adapter for astrophotography that is mounted directly on your telescope. Even though both the Orion camera adapter and rings are required for everything to work, the Orion camera adapter for astrophotography will provide stunning results once everything is set up. The rings we just spoke about refer to T-rings, which you need to get separately. Nevertheless, Orion lens and accessories also include T-rings, a topic we will speak more about in our ‘Accessories’ section. Before we get there, let’s expand on the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter specs.
This adapter works with any telescope that has a 1.25 inch eyepiece, as the name suggests, regardless if it’s a refractor or a reflector. The ‘universal’ feature refers to the possibility of carrying out both telescope eyepiece-projection (variable extension or fixed-length tube) and prime-focus (t-adapter), as the manufacturers explain in the product description. The Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter is 5.8 by 5.3 by 3.3 inches and weighs around 13 ounces.
Orion 1.25 inch variable universal camera adapter reviews prove that almost all customers were satisfied with their purchase. Their feedback includes terms such as must-have, extremely well made or flexible and generally presents the adapter as an exceptional product. Nevertheless, there are a few negative experiences that customers described, which we will talk about in our following ‘Pros and Cons’ section.
Pros and Cons to Using the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter
- Astrophotography – The main aim of the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter is to facilitate astrophotography, which it does beautifully. Countless reviews thank the company for aiding astronomers in the process and allowing them to take pictures of their favorite targets in the night sky.
- Versatility – As opposed to most other camera adapters on the market, the one Orion manufactures has a special slider for adjusting focal length. This means that you can focus on a target that’s pretty close. Here is where the double astrophotography function comes in, as well.
- Magnification – One Amazon reviewer mentioned how pleased he was for the added magnification of the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter. When carrying out telescope eyepiece-projection astrophotography, you don’t have to change the eyepiece you’re using at the moment for adjusting magnification.
- Reputation – Both Orion and this adapter have a pretty fine reputation to their names. On Amazon, more than 50% of customer reviews gave the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter 5 stars. Additionally, it is also the 21st best-selling item in the whole Adapter category, which includes far more than just telescope camera adapters.
- Issues with Instructions – A few customers mentioned that the Orion 1.25 inch variable universal camera adapter manual was poorly-written or missing entirely.
- Adaptability – Several customers also mentioned that the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter wouldn’t fit with their telescope.
- Missing Pieces – The Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter requires three screws to be mounted. One customer was very unhappy about having all three of them missing. Even though this most likely won’t be the issue for you if you decide to buy it, we wanted to mention the case just so you know.
Where to find the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter?
The best place where you can buy telescopes and related accessories, including the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter, is Amazon. Make sure that you are purchasing your astronomy product from an authorized dealer, preferably the official Amazon account for the manufacturing company. In our case, the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter has dozens of reviews with customer experiences that you can read through to get a full idea about how the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter works. If you decide on buying the adapter for yourself, we recommend that you leave your own review on the product page for other astronomers.
It is currently sold for $56.09, but you should click the link we have inserted above for any new promotions or discounts that were applied in the meantime. If you buy the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter on Amazon, you get it shipped to you for free anywhere in the United States.
You can also get the adapter from the manufacturer’s official website, but it is currently not available and when they have it back in stock it probably will be more expensive than in their Amazon store.
Like with any other telescope accessories, it is recommended that you store the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter in a dry and safe place to protect it from harm. There aren’t, however, any specific maintenance guidelines you should follow, as the product is known to be well-built.
In order to mount the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter on your brand of camera, you will require a T-ring like the Orion 05224 T-ring for Canon EOS Camera. You can search on Amazon for alternatives if the Orion T-ring for Canon isn’t suitable for your camera.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The seller has no public information on warranty on Amazon, but you can submit any inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you include the complete product name and model, as well as the product page link in your request.
As we mentioned in our Pros section, customers are generally thrilled with the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter. The positive reviews outnumber the critical ones, while these negative reviews mostly talk about particular situations (like getting a box without screws or the adapter not fitting their telescope or camera).
To conclude, the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter is a great product for those who are passionate about astrophotography. Even though you will need to get a T-ring to work with your camera’s brand, once you have everything set up you will have an amazing time. If you have any other questions about the Orion 1.25-inch Variable Universal Camera Adapter or Orion products in general, you are welcome to contact the company’s customer service at 800-676-1343. Clear skies!