Table top telescopes are very popular among beginner astronomers and even among the more seasoned ones, and the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is one of the best scopes you can choose. When it comes to brands and optical technology, Orion comes to mind, while Maksutov – Cassegrain is a name that guarantees premium optics. Today we will zoom into the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope as a semi – professional tool all amateur astronomers, be them beginners or mid – level seem to enjoy. Is this scope as good and precise as it is advertised? Let’s find out together!
What is the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope?
As usual, we will begin this Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope review with a deep look into the telescope’s technical features. The first one that impresses both users and reviewers is the 90 mm aperture, an optical diameter you don’t usually find in other telescopes in the niche. Moreover, the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope boasts 1250 mm in focal length, f/13.9 in focal ratio and two 3-Element 25.0mm and 10.0mm (1.25″) respectively eyepieces, which allow a stellar view of the Moon and bright planets such as Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
Considering the Maksutov – Cassegrain optic design, the 90 mirror diagonal and the EZ Finder II Finder Scope for reflex sight allowing easy aiming, the Orion StarMax 90 mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope also allows deep space gazing. This means that in proper conditions you will be able to see nebulas, double stars, clusters and even galaxies. After all, this is what matters most when it comes to Orion StarMax telescopes – their power to pierce through the sky and reveal you what is beyond.
The magnification specs are some of the best features of this telescope, providing crisp images and welcomed details such as lunar surfaces and textures, Saturn’s rings and Jupiter’s moons.
The Orion Starmax 90 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is advertised as a grab – and – go piece of equipment and from this point of view, it is a perfect tool to take in camping trips, all the way up in the mountains for clear skies and deep stargazing, to the backyard for some casual celestial objects’ viewings and even in large fields.
Since it is a very compact, sturdy and well – built piece of technology, you can rest assured that it will find its place anywhere in the house. Well balanced and stable, the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope will make a great second – telescope and even a first timer, especially for children and beginners. The best part is that the nifty base allows you not only to place it on a sturdy table and enjoy your astronomy experiences, but it can also be matched to a tripod. The Starmax 90 mm Masksutov-Cassegrain Table top telescope comes together with a 3/8″-to-1/4″-20 threaded adapter for tripod attachment, so all you need, basically, is just a high-quality tripod.
Many reviewers mentioned that the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is better performing than many other refractor telescopes marketed as grab-and-go or table-top and this leverage is given by the 90 mm aperture and the premium quality of the eyepieces and lenses. After all, Maksutov telescopes models are some of the best in their field.
Even if this Orion Starmax 90 mm telescope is a semi – professional model, this doesn’t mean beginners (or seasoned astronomers with a passion for camping trips) cannot enjoy this just as much. All the best Orion telescopes also come with astronomy software and Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope makes no exception. The Starry Night Special Edition astronomy software will be a delight for both pros and beginners.
Pros and Cons to Using the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- One of the best Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes, the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope comes with a 90 mm aperture allowing incredible viewings on celestial objects;
- The optics design and quality recommend this telescope as a semi – professional tool, being perfect for beginners also, a fact oftentimes mentioned by professional telescope reviewers;
- It has a solid, sturdy base and a compact building, allowing you to place it anywhere in the house and carry it in field and camping trips for better stargazing;
- The focal length, focal ratio and magnification specs allow users to view lunar surfaces, bright planets, nebulas, star clusters, double stars and even galaxies;
- It is ready to go, meaning there is no need for assemble or setup;
- The Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is lightweight, making it a good travel companion;
- It comes with an EZ Finder II finder scope allowing better aiming and crisp images;
- It has a tripod adapter which makes it easier for the user to find a matching tripod and use it together with the telescope for steadier, prolonged viewings;
- It features an Alt – Azimuth mount, a 90° mirror star diagonal and comes together with the Starry Night Special Edition software, all for enhances astronomy experiences and performances;
- You can find easily an Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope manual or online instructions to understand how to use best the features of this telescope;
- The Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope price is so good and reflects the quality of the product so well, people consider it to be one of the best table top telescopes available on the market.
- Sometimes, what you see isn’t what you get, as you may find the telescope wrongly assembled, with the dovetail bar attached upside down, while the internal lenses might come in cloudy or with spots. Still, it’s nothing you can’t fix yourself with a bit of patience.
- People having exceeding expectations from this product will be disappointed, as it is not meant for pro astronomy, but only for beginner and intermediate levels.
Where to Find the Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope?
As we said, the Orion Starmax 90 mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope best price (compared with other similar products in the niche) is also one of its best features. Usually, the Orion telescopes reviews consider the price of the reviewed products, and this one makes no exception: it is incredibly affordable and you can stumble upon the best offer out there, if you look carefully. You can find this Maksutov-Cassegrain 90 mm Orion Telescope for sale on Amazon for $209.99 (and free shipping). Considering that it comes with extra goodies in the box, this is perhaps one of the most valuable products in this niche.
The Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is stable, sturdy and well balanced, so it won’t be easy to break it, unless, of course, you throw it off the table. On a more serious note, the telescope should be kept safe from dust, dew, humidity in general or powerful sources of heat. It should be cleaned with microfiber cloths and be kept in a safe environment (a sturdy table or inside a cabinet) for preventing all accidents.
The telescope comes with the EZ Finder II reflex sight, the 3/8″-to-1/4″-20 threaded adapter for tripod attachment, the Starry Night Special Edition astronomy software and the 90° mirror star diagonal. Of course, there are other telescope accessories and extra elements available for purchase, such as matching tripods, lenses or eyepieces. All in all, if you pay a little extra attention to your Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope, it can become quite a powerful optical tool.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope comes with a 1-year warranty covering defects and damages due to materials or workmanship.
For a better comprehension of this telescope’s features and uses, we always recommend users to see related Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope YouTube reviews and presentations – which often act as instruction manuals as well. We, for one, recommend this product to all beginner and semi – professional amateur astronomers who need either a second – telescope for easy transportation and field trips, or as a first piece of equipment for high – quality stargazing. It is easy to use, features some of the best optical design and tech specs in the niche and makes it a very good investment in terms of quality – price value, as it is affordable and attractive, especially because it comes with a bunch of great accessories.