The Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is an affordable scope, good for beginner and intermediate astronomers alike. Astronomy is usually seen as an expensive hobby, but the Orion telescopes are well-known for their exceptional quality for affordable prices. Sure, no price is too high when you’re really passionate about something, but the truth is that you simply don’t need to pay that much for a good telescope. For intermediate astronomers (as well as beginners who want to buy something that will last them for a longer time, a good and reliable refractor telescope, especially one with an equatorial mount such as the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is simply ideal. At the most, you should maybe look into a few accessories in the future, but you should be set for a long time from now. In this review, we will tell you everything you need to know about the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope, one of the best Orion telescopes for sale.
What is the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope?
The Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is a high quality telescope that proves to be incredibly powerful and sturdy. With a 90mm (3.5″) aperture and 910mm focal length, it is one of the best Orion telescopes you can buy for less than $500, being a tool that is sure to satisfy all but the most fastidious of home astronomers. It is capable of displaying deep space objects with incredible clarity and will also make your solar system explorations seem like a neighbourhood stroll. While it can also be used for terrestrial viewing, it requires an additional correct-image diagonal for that, which is sold separately.
A piece that is sure to please both beginners and seasoned hobbyists, almost every Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope review coming from users emanates the type of bright enthusiasm for a product that is increasingly rare in the cynical world of Internet reviews.
Solid, with an equatorial mount and a stable, over 5ft tall tripod, the Orion 9024 AstroView telescope is no toy, but a serious scientific tool, perfect for field stargazing, as well as late-night home explorations. Considering all of its qualities, the price tag seems almost too good to be true.
Pros and Cons to Using the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope
- A very powerful tool. The Orion 9024 AstroView Refractor Telescope is a highly powerful telescope, capable of rendering stunning views of the solar system and beyond. Unlike other popular refractor telescopes in this price range, which seem to have difficulties offering a decent view to anything other than the moon, the AstroView Orion 9024 telescope can pack quite a punch in the distance category.
- Solid, high-quality build. Manufactured using top-shelf materials and a clear dedication to the trade, this is not one of those budget-level Orion telescopes that cuts corners where the body or tripod is concerned. The equatorial mount is a strong addition, as it allows for precise movement and tracking.
- Incredible price. Sure, there are much cheaper telescopes out there, but the Orion 9024 AstroView refractor telescope is a serious and powerful tool, adequate for any sort of amateur astronomer, making its $314.94 price tag an incredible offer.
- Accompanied by a large array of accessories, including two eye pieces, a finder scope, a rack and pinion focuser, mirror diagonal, as well as the Starry Night astronomy software package.
- Slight wobble at focus. As impressive as the equatorial mount looks, to say nothing of how it feels, it leads to a few second of wobble when trying to focus unto something. While this only lasts a few seconds, it can be somewhat frustrating when trying to track an object.
Where to Find the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope?
You can buy Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope for sale online, on Amazon, for the surprisingly low price of $314.94, really the best price one might expect for a product of this quality.
Unfortunately, despite the fact that it is clearly best used on the field, as its height attests, the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is one of those Orion telescopes that comes neither with a transportation case, nor a storage one, which means you will need to put in extra care and effort into making sure all the pieces are secured and shielded from harm when not in use. The equatorial mount also makes it a bit more difficult to disassemble, but some patience will ensue that no accidents happen.
The Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope comes with a plethora of accessories, including two Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepieces which, of 25mm and 10mm respectively, a classic rack & pinion focuser measuring 1,25’’, and a mirror diagonal at 90 degrees. Additionally, a copy of the Starry Night astronomy software, which, depending on the version, can cost almost as much as the telescope itself if purchased separately, although it is presumably a somewhat cheaper edition.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope comes with a one-year limited warranty when purchased from Amazon.
We could be going on and on about this telescope, but we will end off by reiterating the fact that Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is probably the very best telescope you can get for this money. Not only is it a solid and multi-capable astronomical tool, it is one that makes it easy for the amateur astronomer to fall in love with, featuring a slick classic design and all the knobs and gears that give you the control you really want from such a product. Easy enough to use, with a lean learning curve, the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope is a good choice for both enthusiastic beginners and astronomy veterans who know a good deal when they see one. Basically, it’s as simple as this: if you are interested in astronomy and you’re also willing to invest 300 dollars into it, there is absolutely no reason not to get the Orion 9024 AstroView 90mm Equatorial Refractor Telescope as soon as possible.