For its purposes and niche, the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube price is more than affordable;
Today we will look at one of the best Celestron telescopes that ever blessed the amateur astronomy field, namely the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube. It was awarded in 2013 for being the “Telescope of the Year.”
Considering that this is a Celestron and it is computerized, with many outstanding tech specs and features, this Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube review will focus on what the product can do and who it is meant for. Are there other users’ ratings related to this product? Of course they are, many professional telescope reviewers have praised the product before us.
If you are an experienced amateur astronomer and want to play in the big league, then you need a true powerful telescope, one that can allow you to see in the depths of the sky. Mid-level astronomers, the seasoned ones and the ever inquisitive ones won’t settle for less than they deserve.
This is why, at some point in their lives, they will start looking for the best computerized telescopes on the market, products capable of satisfying their need and thirst for knowledge. However, since the best professional telescopes cost thousands and thousands of dollars, the question is simple: are there professional telescopes coming at affordable prices? The answer is, of course, “yes.”
What is the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube?
What’s in a name, we might poetically ask ourselves, looking at this telescope’s full title? Well, the CPC 110- GPS (XLT) computerized telescope is a work of art featuring Schmidt-Cassegrain optics with premium Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for crisp, clear and bright images of celestial objects and deep space formations. The 280 mm (11 in) in aperture, the 2800 mm in focal length, both leading to a focal ratio of 10, make the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain become your new eye into the Heavens.
What can you see with the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope? If we say “everything” we might exaggerate a little, but we wouldn’t be far from the truth either. Think about the Moon and the usual “suspects” such as Jupiter and Saturn, all moon and rings. But then think about nebulas, clusters, double, triple and quadruple stars. Think about the far-away planets such as Neptune and even Pluto. How many telescopes can promise you to see Pluto? So far, not many, and the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain fork-mounted astronomical telescope promises even more.
Let’s talk about the fully computerized dual fork arm Alt-Azimuth mount, a heavy duty tripod with carbon and steel finishing, fully foldable, coming with an accessory tray and a carrying handle. Indeed, this is a very heavy system and it seems to be even harder to put the pieces together or move it around, but considering the handles and the beautiful sound of the pieces clicking together, you will have fewer problems in assembling and carrying this system than it looks at a first glance. The fully ergonomic design is a delight and you don’t have to be a heavy-weight lifting champion to operate with the system.
Let’s not forget that the Celestron 11 inch CPC Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope is a computerized one, so let’s talk about alignment. From this point of view, you just can sit back and relax watching the Universe, as all you need to do is use the SkyAlign feature. Once you find and align the three brightest celestial objects, the telescope does the rest of the job in your stead. The best part is that the built-in software will remember the alignment and you won’t have to teach it how to focus on celestial objects next time you use it, as it will know by itself thanks to the incorporated GPS.
Thanks to the 8×50 finderscope and the star diagonal you will have a blast aiming towards celestial objects and enjoy not only bright images, but true colors, textures, edges, spots, craters and flat surfaces.
Astrophotography is at its best with this telescope as it is fully compatible with cameras. The heavy duty tripod allows heavy weights, while keeping its ground even on irregular surfaces, in case you carry it in open fields or mountain trips for heavenly viewings of the deep sky.
The NexRemote telescope control software and the RS-232 cable are included, allowing advanced control of the telescope with the help of your computer.
Last but not least, you have the Celestron celestial objects database which comprises 40,000 objects (catalogued by name and number), 100 user-definable objects and over 200 more objects which have detailed information of, making the sky tours or details celestial objects research a fun and enjoyable experience.
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube
Besides being one of the best Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes on the market, this Celestron GPS-guided telescope is dedicated to all mid-level and seasoned amateur astronomers with a passion for crystal clear deep sky imaging and astrophotography as well. Let’s see the main pros and cons related to this product.
- Aperture, focal length, focal ratio and fully coated optics makes this telescope one of the best products for deep space gazing – allowing you to see planets, solar system formations, clusters, nebulas and many more (Uranus, Pluto, Neptune, surface details of Mars and so on);
- The StarBright XLT coatings also allow good light gathering (1600 x), true colors observations, sharp contrasts and detailed textures and surfaces of planets;
- It features a fully computerized Alt-Azimuth mount with heavy duty steel and adjustable tripod in an ergonomic design;
- The tripod is foldable and presents an accessory tray, making it easy to move, store and organize;
- One eyepiece, a 1.25” star diagonal and a 8X50 finderscope with quick release bracket;
- The SkyAllign feature allows easy alignment which doesn’t need corrections once the first one was correctly performed;
- The incorporated GPS downloads the date and time from the orbiting satellites so you don’t need to manually adjust date, time, latitude and longitude;
- The Periodic Error Correction is permanently programmable;
- The database includes thousands of celestial bodies, making sky tours and research easy and fun;
- The NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable are included;
- The system is compatible (by presenting additional ports) with other accessories;
- For its purposes and niche, the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube price is more than affordable;
- Many fork-mounted telescopes reviews and Celestron company reviews in general praise this telescope as being an innovative, re-invented and re-engineered work of art;
- The Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube manual is available online on the manufacturer’s website;
- The telescope is produced in the U.S.A;
- It may be a bit too hard to carry around for some people, making the telescope a more in-house astronomy tool than a grab-and-go one;
Where to Find the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube?
You can find the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube for sale on Amazon for the best price of $2,887.99. One might argue that the product is expensive, but given the fact that there is no Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain review to not emphasize on its tech features and on its incredible specs, we actually find the product to be affordable for the mid-level and even the advanced astronomers out there.
One thing is for sure, this telescope is shock resistant, well built and sturdy, being more than stable on its heavy duty tripod. However, keep it safe from dust and humidity and from shocks as well.
Besides the accessories you will get in the box (the RS232 cable
and the NexRemote telescope control software, the car battery adaptor, the computerized GoTo hand controller, tripod, fiderscope and so on), there are plenty of other accessories you can further enhance this telescope with: GPS accessories, Autoguider, other eyepieces, lens shades and so on.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The company offers a 2 years warranty covering repairs and replacements due to normal wear and tear.
Our personal Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube rating is 5 stars out of 5, because this telescope is indeed a hi-tech piece of equipment which brings a lot of value for its money. You can also make comparisons with the Celestron CPC 925 GPS XLT computerized telescope in case you want to expand your knowledge in the field. Also, you can watch a few Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright XLT GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain 2800mm Telescope with Tripod and Tube YouTube presentations and read a different Celestron CPC 1100 GPS XLT telescope review, to get a better picture, but if you are past the point when lunar viewings were a miracle and now you’re experienced enough to play in the big league, this telescope will offer you what you need, and then some.