Celestron 21024 FirstScope Telescope is a perfect option for any entry-level astronomer.
Today we have a very special product we will focus on: the Celestron FirstScope Telescope, released in 2009. An awarded product (and the quality of Celestron telescopes in general is well-known as well), this wonderful telescope can be used in multiple ways. The Celestron FirstScope can be used both as a tool to seek deep in the sky and observe the beauty of the universe and also as a collector’s item, given its high aesthetic value.
Telescope consumer reports also indicate a high degree of functionality for this light and portable scope. It can also be used just for decoration by the non-passionate astronomer, but since this is an astronomy-dedicated product, we will offer a complete Celestron FirstScope Telescope review. For those trying to start your journey in astronomy, know that this is a great first telescope, good for beginners and a good telescope for children and teenagers as well.
What is the Celestron FirstScope Telescope?
This is a Newtonian reflector telescope with a 76 mm (2.99 in) aperture and a 300 mm (12 in) focal length. Considered one of the best Celestron telescopes on the market and a piece of art as well, this telescope boasts a 3.95 focal ratio, two 1.25″ eyepieces – a 20mm and a 4mm, respectively, and 15 x and 75 x magnification of eyepieces, respectively.
Being a table – top telescope, the easiness of use is what strikes next: pointing towards the celestial objects one wants to see and looking through the tube are the easiest steps an amateur, beginner astronomer can take in order to get familiarized with the more complex star gazing activities which require more advanced pieces of equipment and some previous practice.
Being of a relatively small size, compact, sturdy and well built, the Celestron FirstScope Telescope is perfect to be carried in family trips and children’s excursions. If one gets into a large field with low light pollution level and a clear sky, the astronomy experience offered by this product is fascinating.
Even if this entry level telescope, the images you get are crystal clear and the product performs better than many beginners telescopes found currently on the market. The high – quality of the optic system is doubled by the telescope’s portability, and viewing the Moon, planets or stars is accessible to everyone, no matter their level of expertise in the field. In clear nights you may see star clusters as well (Pleiades for instance).
The product comes together with “Sky X” – a CD that runs a planetarium, offers instructions, teaches you how to find celestial objects and how to recognize what you see, allows printable sky maps and more.
This telescope features the names of almost all important historical figures who made an impact and left a legacy in space exploration and astronomy, starting with Galileo Galilei. It is a collection piece released to celebrate and become a tribute to astronomy, becoming the Official Product of International Year of Astronomy in 2009.
Beautifully and tastefully designed, this Celestron Firstscope equatorial telescope is one of the most popular Celestron telescopes on the market and also one of the most affordable and best telescopes for entry – level astronomers, children and families.
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron FirstScope Telescope
Any Celestron FirstScope review will start by emphasizing on this product’s high level of utility, its price, beauty (as a piece of art or collector’s item). But is this just a decorative telescope? We will focus our review on this telescope for beginners on highlighting the pros and the cons featured by this product.
- Ready to use just as you take it out of the box
- Large aperture allows great night sky viewings: galaxies, stars, planets
- Easy to use by entry – level beginner astronomers and children, it doesn’t require high technical knowledge and skills in order to track celestial objects and capture their presence on the night’s sky.
- Very light and portable – it can become the family’s best choice of outdoor entertainment in trips, camping experiences or astronomy outdoor adventures.
- It is solidly built, with a sturdy, steady alt – azimuth mount, which makes it even easier to use.
- It is visually attractive, as it commemorates the names of the most prominent people in the astronomy and space exploration field.
- Finishing is state of the art, making it a perfect collector’s item and an exquisite decorative telescope for the ones with original interior design ideas.
- It comes with very high tech – specs for the niche of beginner telescopes at a very attractive price.
- It comes together with cleaning cloths.
- The Celestron Firstscope telescope (180x) is considered one of the finest and best telescopes for sale on the market, in its price range.
- You will find more detailed instructions and recommendations online than inside the Celestron FirstScope Telescope manual, which sometimes doesn’t come at all in the box, leaving people baffled by the lack of instructions.
- It is mostly dedicated to children and collectors or the more advanced astronomers who also use other more proficient models such as the Celestron Astromaster 70az telescope, the PowerSeeker 50 AZ, or the Celestron Astromaster 114eq telescope.
- You will get deep sky images easier with other telescopes, even if this one, in proper settings, can offer you crisp views on planets or star clusters.
Where to Find the Celestron FirstScope Telescope?
You can find the Celestron FirstScope for sale on Amazon. One of the best features of this product is the Celestron FirstScope Telescope price, a highlight many telescope reviewers mentioned a lot. For just under $40 ($39.95 and free shipping), you can get a lightweight, portable, elegant and useful entry level telescope that can be used for star gazing by all beginners.
You will find in the box cleaning cloths to help you keep the Celestron Firstscope 76eq telescope safe from dust and humidity. The telescope should be properly stored (being a table – top, assemble and placement should be done with care for it not to accidentally fall) and kept from direct sunlight or humidity.
Most Celestron FirstScope Telescope reviewers are impressed with the available Celestron FirstScope Telescope Accessory Kit which contains a FinderScope and a bracket, a Moon filter, a carry bag, two additional eyepieces and many more. There are plenty of accessories available for this product. Just browse the Amazon when you look for the Celestron Firstscope telescope for sale and see what fits best with your inner astronomer’s needs.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
Celestron offers a 2 years warranty for this product including repairs and replacements for regular and within – standards wear and tear. The customer service is exemplary, so you won’t have any problems in this regard.
If you are an advanced astronomer with some experience in both the technology involved in star gazing and the principles of astronomy, then we would recommend this product to you as a collector’s item which may deepen further more your love for space exploration.
If you’re an entry – level hobbyist astronomer, this compact, lightweight, portable and beautiful piece of equipment is the best money can buy in terms of usability, first investment and level of entertainment. If you have children who’d like to start their first adventure, we would recommend this product as a gift which can be used in family activities, road trips and space exploration as a means of smart family fun.
This is not the Hubble, as we said in other occasions, but it the perfect starting point for those who want to become more and more advanced in this beautiful science. Moreover, the product makes a great gift and a unique decorative piece even for those not interested in astronomy.