The Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars are one of the reasons why you should consider 15 x 70 binoculars instead of a telescope. You heard us right; a pair of 15×70 binoculars like the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 model is almost as efficient as a full telescope for certain viewing purposes. While the Celestron Skymaster 15×70 won’t allow you to see Solar System objects and deep sky objects as clear, bright and sharp as a regular telescope, you certainly will get a nice view of quite a few points of interest. The Celestron 15×70 Skymaster Binocular model is in Amazon’s top-selling list of binoculars, not only for the incredible value for their price, but also for a long list of other reasons that we will cover in our 15×70 Celestron Skymaster review. In addition to the upsides and downsides of the Celestron 15×70 Skymaster we will also be covering maintenance advice, accessories, warranty details and customer feedback, among many other aspects. The Celestron Skymaster 15×70 Binoculars genuinely are a best buy for any novice, so learn more about them in our Celestron 15×70 Skymaster Binoculars Review below and see if they are the right product to help you get started with astronomy.
What are the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars?
We’d like to open our Celestron Skymaster 15×70 binoculars review by explaining what the Skymaster Center Celestron 15 x 70 product actually is. Just like the name of the product would suggest, the Celestron Skymaster Giant Binoculars 15×70 are large binoculars, which were designed for enhanced terrestrial viewing. In addition to observing objects on our planet, the Celestron 15×70 Skymaster Binoculars allow us to enjoy a wide range of objects in the sky, from the moon, planets and stars to deep sky objects like galaxies, nebulae or star clusters. Surprisingly, one Celestron Skymaster 15×70 review listed an impressive amount of celestial targets you can observe with the Celestron Skymaster 15×70 Binocular, such as:
- Jupiter & its 4 moons (but the image is too bright to observe its bands)
- M6 (Scorpius open cluster)
- M7 (Scorpius open cluster)
- M8 (Lagoon Nebula)
- M11 (Wild Duck Cluster)
- M13 (Hercules Globular Cluster)
- M22 (in Sagittarius)
- M31 (Andromeda Galaxy)
- M35 (in Gemini)
- M42 (Orion Nebula)
- M44 (Beehive open cluster in Cancer)
- M45 (Pleiades)
Yes, all with a pair of binoculars, the Celestron 15×70. To get into technical details, the Celestron binoculars 15×70 weigh only 3.3 pounds and are 8.5 inches long, 4 inches wide and 11 inches tall. The exit pupil diameter of the Skymaster 15×70 binoculars is 4.7 mm, while the field of view is 5 centimeters. If you order the Celestron Skymaster Binoculars 15×70 on Amazon, you will also get the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15×70 Binoculars with tripod adapter. The maximum magnification of the Celestron 15×70 binoculars is 10x, the objective lens diameter – 70 and the optical zoom – 15x. An aspect that almost every Celestron 15×70 Skymaster review points out is that these binoculars have multi-coated optics, a highly desired feature that adds to their amazing value. The Skymaster 15×70 binocular was also designed with individuals who wear glasses in mind; it has 13 mm long eye relief (equivalent to 0.51 inches).
But what exactly are the disadvantages of the Celestron Skymaster 15 x 70 Binoculars? Aside from this, are there any additional advantages that should be taken into consideration? Our Celestron 15×70 review will continue with pros and cons in the next section.
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars
- Outstanding Value – By far, the greatest advantage of the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars is their value. This product is extremely inexpensive (under $80) and will offer the benefits that many beginner telescopes do.
- Highly Accessible Price – The first pro is directly connected to the second; the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars are so cheap that almost any individual passionate about sky-viewing can afford them if they save up.
- Lightweight – We all know that, as an astronomy enthusiast, you will most likely have to travel with to areas with no light pollution to be able to observe your desired objects. The Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars weight just a bit over 3 pounds, making the situation infinitely easier.
- Multi-coated optics & BaK-4 prisms – These are features that should always be ‘hunted’ down when shopping for binoculars. They provide more vivid, quality images when observing both terrestrial and celestial objects.
- Best-selling Product – The Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars are the 3rd best-selling product in their class on Amazon.
- Positive Customer Feedback – We all know how important genuine customer reviews are for
- Center Focusing – One high-rated customer review mentions that their center focusing mechanism needs special attention, as it has a tendency to be unstable.
Where to find the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars?
The Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars can be purchased from several sources, but the most reliable option you have is Amazon. You can read through more than 1,000 customer reviews that are filled with personal details to help you see the big picture. As of now, the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars (that were already inexpensive) also have a 16% discount, which means you can get them for only $75.97 from the platform we stated above. Did we mention that you get free shipping?
Like any other product of its kind, the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars should be protected so the lenses don’t get scratched. You should treat them with care and keep them away from dirt, dust or other substances that could harm their quality.
You can use the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars straight out of the box (another advantage – they don’t require any complicated assembly); nevertheless, there are two specific accessories that will make your experience with them nicer – a carrying case and a tripod. The good news is that both of these come with your Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars if you order them on Amazon.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
As with the majority of their products, Celestron offers a two year warranty for the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars. If you want to know more about the warranty Celestron offers for these binoculars, you can click here.
As far as personal experiences with the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars are concerned, customers seem to be thrilled (to say the least) with their purchase. Even the critical reviews praise their value and only include a few suggestions that Celestron could keep in mind for upgraded models in the future. Out of more than 1,800 customer reviews, over 1,400 are positive. This leads to the excellent customer rating average that the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars have: 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
In the end, it’s difficult for us to not recommend the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars for beginners. This is definitely the kind of product that you want to look into if you have not used a telescope before and you want to get used to the experience, or if you’re a frequent traveler and you don’t want to carry a heavy scope around with you from place to place. Their wonderful value, quality features and positive reviews all support the fact that the Celestron Skymaster Giant 15X70 Binoculars are one of the best deals you can get.