The Orion SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector comes with Starry Night software, which is very useful for beginners, and has the added benefit of alerting the user of upcoming celestial events, a feature you rarely find even in the best telescopes on the market.
The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope is perfect for beginner to intermediate astronomers. This Orion scope is great if you are that type of hobbyist and beginner astronomer who won’t settle for a bargain, but go full length for quality equipment.
With over 40 years of experience in the field, Orion is synonym with crystal-clear images, high quality components, and an impeccable post-purchase customer service. There are many people who favor the Orion 09007 telescope as one of the best money can buy for beginner-to-intermediate astronomers. Therefore, the following Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope review will try to emphasize the pros and the cons of this particular telescope, while giving you an overall look at the product’s features, together with some recommendations.
What is the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope?
First of all, this is a Newtonian reflector telescope meant for deep space gazing. Even if it is advertised for beginners, its technical features are amazing (in correlation with the price). You can benefit from a 100 to 150mm aperture, allowing you to see not only the Moon, but also planets and galaxies, as well as nebulas and star clusters. This Orion space probe telescope also boasts a short 24″ long optical tube design which enhances its portability, while the 130mm optical diameter, and the 650mm focal length are in perfect balance with the f/5.0 focal ratio.
This ratio is especially interesting for those who want to feel the full pleasure of universe discoveries, making it quite versatile and interesting for the entire family to use. The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe also comes with an Equatorial mount, and the sturdy, adjustable tripod makes it easier for anyone to manually adjust it, and track the stars and planets in slow-motion while they travel.
(Click image to see more pictures on Amazon)
If you take a closer look into the available Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial manual, you will see that this type of mount is perfect for all those who are into astrophotography as well, as it allows long exposure and better tracking as celestial bodies migrate on the night’s sky. This Orion telescope also comes with a manual that is comprehensive enough for you to understand how to assemble the telescope, as well as how to use it.
Just like many other similar products, the Orion 09007 also comes with Orion’s Starry Night software, which is very useful for beginners, and has the added benefit of alerting the user of upcoming celestial events, a feature you rarely find even in the best telescopes on the market. The telescope also comes with tools to help you assemble the product, and two eyepieces: 10mm for 65x, and a 25mm for 26x magnification, respectively.
Many Orion telescope reviews referring to this product also emphasize the fact that it is equipped with a 6×30 finder scope, a tripod accessory tray, a 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, and a collimation cap, besides the Starry Night software and other specs.
|24 x 24 x 51 inches||24.2 pounds||–||100-150mm||650mm||Starry Night software|
Pros & Cons of the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope
- It is a Newtonian reflector telescope with high-quality tech specs regarding optical components.
- It provides enough light with its aperture size so you can star gaze at deep space celestial objects, including nebulas, star clusters, and planet details.
- It comes with an Equatorial mount and a versatile enough tripod, so you can track celestial bodies while they’re in motion, and also be able to focus and capture images.
- The 2x Barlow lens and 10mm eyepiece are enough to see planets and stars in full detail (Jupiter’s four moons, Saturn’s rings, the double clusters of Perseus, and so on).
- It is fully equipped for AstroPhotography, for all of those people who fancy this hobby.
- The Space Probe 130ST is easy to assemble and transport.
- The optical diameter (130mm) is perfect for gathering enough light to allow crisp and clear viewings of the night’s sky.
- The Orion Equatorial alerts users of future celestial events, which is a rather original feature on the market.
- It is affordable, not to say rather cheap for such a high-quality telescope.
- The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope images are clear, sharp, well-focused, easy to aim at, and very easy to capture if you use a DSLR camera.
- The Orion 09007 SpaceProbe manual says one can assemble the telescope in about half an hour, but beginners will in truth spend an hour, an hour and a half to fully and correctly set up the product.
- Some instructions may be a bit complicated and vague for people who assemble the telescope for the first time.
- Some components are plastic, and this may make the entire telescope look frail or flimsy.
- It may be considered a bit expensive for the beginner astronomer niche.
Where to Find the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope
You can buy the Orion SpaceProbe telescope on Amazon. If you stumble upon a special offer, you can get a discounted telescope price, but keep in mind that the telescope will still cost a few hundred dollars. However, there isn’t a single Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial review to not mention the great balance between price and quality, and even if it seems expensive at first in comparison to other beginner telescopes, this one challenges the user to work only with high-quality equipment, and aim for the best product money can buy.
The 4.1-star reviews and ratings emphasize the versatility and quality of this product. Considering that you will find many accessories in the box too (tripod legs with attachment screws, a finder scope bracket with O-ring, tube rings, a counterweight and a counterweight shaft, a tripod accessory tray, some slow-motion control cables, a dust cap, and many others), you will realize that you are paying for the telescope exactly how much it’s worth, considering what it offers in terms of quality and accessories.
(Click image to see more pictures on Amazon)
The dust cap that comes in the package helps you keep the telescope safe from dust, fog, or humidity. Also, you need to properly store it away from warm or humid environments, while the lenses, the optical components, and even the rest of the components should be treated with care.
There are a lot of extra Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope accessories, including an Orion Shorty 1.25″ 2x Barlow Lens to enhance magnification, but also filters, lenses, and accessories for AstroPhotography.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
If you want the telescope to come with a manufacturer’s warranty, you can request one from customer service on Amazon.
First of all, we highly recommend you to look at some Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope YouTube reviews in order to get a clearer image of how the telescope works, and what it is good for. While having a higher price than other products dedicated to beginner astronomers and hobbyists, the telescope introduces you to the world of amateur astronomy on the red carpet.
The high quality of each and every component, the crystal clear quality of the images, the Equatorial mount, the readiness with which it welcomes AstroPhotographers, and the reputation of the company make the Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope a perfect choice. It actually has little to no cons, and many specialists recommend the product for children and novice astronomers, as well as for the intermediate-level ones who are ready to take a step further into exploring the universe.
Have you ever tested out this telescope? Share your thoughts down below!
Recommended Read: Orion 11043 SpaceProbe 3 Altazimuth Reflector Telescope Review