Are you the type that likes to spend part of your night stargazing? That, with no doubt, is a nice adventure that comes with an unforgettable experience. Whether you are an astronaut or you are just doing this for fun, having the best telescope magnification from a solid manufacturer will improve your stargazing experience.
A quality telescope should provide you with everything you need for the perfect viewing experience need. From the stand to the lenses, mirror apertures, and focal length, a good telescope telescopes should work to provide you with clearer and brighter images. To find such a high performing telescope can be a challenge. We have reviewed and compiled a list of the best telescope magnification brands to make your next shopping experience seamless.
1. What Is A Telescope?
A telescope is a visual machine made with lenses, curved mirrors or both that enlarge far objects and make them appear closer.
2. What Does A Telescope Do?
A telescope enlarges images. It also allows us to see clearer and brighter images because the mirrors and lenses gather more light than what the human eye can gather independently.
3. How Does A Telescope Work?
A telescope uses the principle of refraction to magnify images. It is fitted with lenses which collect and focus light rays to make the object being viewed appear as though it is near the viewer. It allows the viewer to see things clearly even at great distances. The telescope magnification will determine how far away items can be in order to be seen clearly. The higher the magnification, the farther you can see.
4. Where Can You Buy Devices With High Telescope Magnification?
You can buy telescope magnification devices from local shops specializing in telescopes or optics, or you can opt to buy them from online sources such as Amazon.
5. How Many Types Of Telescopes Are There?
There are three main types of telescopes, which include the refractor, reflector, and catadioptric telescope.
Refractor telescopes use lenses to gather and concentrate light rays.
Reflector telescopes use mirrors instead of lenses to collect and focus light.
Catadioptric telescopes, also known as compound telescopes, use both the mirror and the lenses to collect and focus light. These are typically the telescopes with the highest magnification levels you can buy.
How We Reviewed
Before picking a telescope there are several parameters you should consider. We carried out extensive research assessing factors such as distinctive features of each telescope, the pros and cons of each, the price, customer reviews, and where you can purchase them. The aim of this research was to provide reliable information about the best telescope magnification brand so you can make an informed buying decision.
Overall Price Range Of This Product
We saw a great difference in prices of the telescopes we reviewed. In general, you can get decent telescopes in the $100 to $500 range. However, high telescope magnification brands can be as much as $1000, with the most expensive Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright costing as high as $2,750. The highly priced telescopes use more advanced technology and offer better performance.
- An ideal entry-level reflector telescope with 100mm parabolic primary mirror optics - no plastic lenses as found in some...
- See hundreds of craters on the Moon, detail on Jupiter and other planets, even when viewing from relatively bright city...
- A tabletop telescope big enough to find and observe objects in the night sky, but small enough to easily store in a...
Orion SkyScanner 100012 is one of the best beginner telescope magnification brand in the market today. Unlike other telescope brands that use plastic lenses, this has 100mm parabolic mirror optics. You can view clearer images even from bright locations. This telescope has a wide-angle, low-power view to let you observe many sky objects even in the darkest sky settings.
Like the Orion SkyScanner 10012, this is a beginner’s telescope magnification brand. It has a 3x Barlow lens which triples the magnifying strength of the eyepieces. It includes SkyX Planetarium software with 10,000 celestial objects that you can view. This telescope has glass optical components, fully coated to improve image brightness and clarity.
- High quality 127mm (5") Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick tool no set up
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
This telescope magnification model has a Maksutov-Cassegrain design which means it is more versatile than other telescopes. It has more advanced optic systems ideal for astronomical photography. The telescope has a StarPointer finder scope which helps to easily and accurately locate images. It also has a supplementary port for extra accessories you would want to use.
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as...
- Short 24 inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance...
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as...
The Orion 0007 has a 5.1-inch aperture to give you clear views of celestial objects. It has a short-tube designed for easy portability. The fast f/5 focal ratio makes this telescope magnification model versatile. The best feature of this telescope is the EQ-2 equatorial mount and an adjustable stand which allows you to smooth-track slow-moving celestial objects.
- Parabolic Newtonian Reflector with a large 114mm (4.5-Inch) aperture for a great view of planets, star clusters, and...
- Lightweight (10.8 lbs.) and compact with a removable 450mm (f/3.95) optical tube for portability
- Comes with 26mm (17x) and 9mm (50x) eyepieces for low and high magnifications
The Meade 16-Inch LightBridge is an easy-to-use telescope magnification brand thanks to its point-and-look design. It also has a 360-degree spinning mount which enhances usability. It includes eyepieces which enable both high and low magnification. The telescope has a wide aperture for remarkable views and is made with a removable tube for easy portability.
- The world's most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the...
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along...
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you....
This is one of the world’s unique telescope magnification brands suitable for both beginners and experts. It has a Schmidt –Cassegrain design with an 8-inch aperture which provides stunning views of sky objects. The telescope has a database of 40,000 celestial objects that viewers can identify for viewing. It automatically locates and tracks these objects for you.
The Celestron NexStar 8 has a single fork arm design that allows for easy setup and portability. In addition, it operates with SkyAlign technology that quickly aligns it on the objects you want to view.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- A large aperture Classic Dobsonian reflector telescope at a very affordable price!
- 8" diameter reflector optics lets you view the Moon and planets in close up detail, and has enough light grasp to pull...
With an eight-inch mirror, this telescope magnification model allows you to easily view a wide range of sky objects including nebulas and galaxies. The stable Dobsonian base perfectly balances the optical tube. It has f/5.9 focal ratio that guarantees clear images. The telescope includes a two-inch Crayford focuser that allows 1.25 and 2 inche eyepieces so you can easily adjust the telescope modification
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT optical coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount with internal GPS and database of 40,000+ celestial objects
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
This Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope magnification model features optical coated with quality StarBright XLT. It has an 11-inch aperture and a computerized double fork arm mounted with an internal GPS. The 9x50 finder scope helps the user easily and accurately find objects while it has a database of over 40,000 sky objects you can view. In addition, the SkyAlign technology allows an easy and fast alignment of the telescope to objects.
- Compact and lightweight - a perfect Dobsonian reflector telescope for traveling or easy trips to the backyard at home
- 4.5" aperture and 900mm focal length provide clear views of lunar craters and plains on the Moon, planets, bright...
- Sturdy and portable Dobsonian base and handy navigation knob allow for effortless maneuvering of the reflector optical...
The Orion 10014 SkyQuest XT4.5 telescope has a lightweight and compact design you could easily carry to your preferred spot. It features a 4.5-inch aperture and 900mm focal length for brighter and clear object views. This is one of the best telescope magnification brands, as it lets in about 260% more light to allow you to view more objects. It has a Dobsonian strong base tripod to allow for easy adjustment of the optical tube.
- 120 mm APO Refractor with ED Schott glass, 900 mm focal length (f/7.5), Dual-speed 2" Crayford-type focuser with 1.25"...
- 20 mm and 5 mm 1.25, 8x50 RA viewfinder, 2" dielectric diagonal
- Tube-ring attachment hardware, Aluminum carry case
Sky-Watcher ProED 120 APO has a two-inch Crayford focuser that works with 1.25 and 2 inch eyepieces which enables you to adjust the telescope modification easily. This telescope has 8x50RA finder scope and a two-inch star diagonal for maximum comfort of use. It has a 120mm aperture to provide a wide-angle view and increase light gathering ability. This telescope magnification brand is suitable for terrestrial and astronomical viewing as well as sky photography.
A high quality telescope is a must-have device for every astronomer or stargazer. There are many factors to consider before settling on a telescope brand, such as the stability of the tripod, the focal length, the size of the apertures, telescope magnification, and the functionality of the lenses and mirrors. If you are willing to compromise on the price, then the Celestron CPC 1100 StarBright, Celestron NexStar 8, and Sky-Watcher ProED 120 APO are your best pick.
The Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Mak Computerized telescope is our best budget-friendly pick. It comes with outstanding features and is easy to set up and use.