Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope is a decent eyepiece, no matter the situation. Thanks to its high-quality optics, the telescope will produce crisp and beautiful close-up images of the Moon and Saturn’s rings.
If you are new to stargazing, then you should definitely check out the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector telescope. Although the Starblast is a telescope intended for beginners, it’s still powerful and accurate. The Orion Starblast 4.5 is a compact telescope that the entire family will love for its stunning images!
The Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector is a reflective telescope, which means it is designed for the study of close-up celestial phenomena. This telescope is widely considered the perfect gift for parents who want to teach their children about the beauty of stargazing or for amateur astronomers who never owned a telescope before.
What is the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope?
The Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector telescope perform best under brighter deep sky conditions, thanks to it 114 mm aperture glass. The telescope’s lens is made of a low thermal expansion borosilicate glass. This means that it is capable of focusing light with increased precision.
As a reflector telescope, the Starblast 4.5 uses parabolic optics with a focal length of 450mm and a focal ratio of f/40. Using this telescope, you’ll be able to see crisp and vivid images of the Moon, Saturn’s rings and other celestial objects.
Furthermore, due to its design, the Orion Starblast can also be used for planetary observations. Mobility won’t be a problem because the telescope has a compact design and weighs less than 15 lbs when fully assembled. This means that you can easily carry it around in your hand, without needing to disassemble it.
Due to the fact that the telescope is compact, it can even be set on a table thanks to its stable tabletop base.
Pros and Cons to Using the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope
- Can be mounted on basically any surface, thanks to its wooden azimuth base;
- Very easy to use and to set up;
- It’s a good telescope for beginners;
- Good for planetary and celestial observations;
- Good magnification factor;
- Easy to carry around;
- The telescope comes preassembled in the box so that you can start your adventure right away;
- Easy to track celestial objects;
- More suitable for beginners than pros;
- You cannot mount a motorized drive, which means that taking pictures with an SLR or DSLR can be hard;
- Limited shipping areas;
- Being a reflective telescope, it does not fare well when exposed to heat;
- The collimation process takes a lot of time.
Where to Find the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope?
You can purchase the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope from any astronomy shop, but the best bargains can be found on Amazon.com. The Orion Starblast costs around 210 dollars. If you want the site to deliver the telescope to your front door, you might have to pay an additional transportation fee.
Here are some alternatives to Amazon.com:
- optcorp.com – Check the latest offers for the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope;
Optically, the Orion Starblast 4.5 offers an exceptional level of performance. Due to its 4.5 inch aperture, the images are very bright, and clear. The parabolic mirror ensures wide-field views of the sky that will delight the whole family. On clear nights, you will be able to view not only the Moon and its craters, but also Jupiter, Saturn, and its beautiful rings. The Orion Starblast 4.5 has a Dobsonian mount, which means that beginners and new users can point easily. All in all, the Orion Starblast 4.5 will enchant even advanced users with its bright images of the galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters.
You can also use the telescope to track fast-moving object thanks to its sturdy azimuth mount. It doesn’t even matter that the Starblast is not compatible with a motor drive because the user won’t need one.As far as celestial photography is concerned, the Starblast Astro is indeed compatible with a universal T-ring, capable of supporting all kinds of SLRs and DSLRs. For great results, don’t forget to buy the deluxe accessory kit which comes with additional photography filters.
This telescope is ready to use once you’ve removed it from the box.
The Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro reflector telescope is a piece of cake to use, even for the absolute beginners. It is very small, so you can sit it on a shelf. Just keep it safe from dust, humidity, and sun, and follow the guidelines provided in the User’s manual.
Other Specs and Features:
- Magnification Factor of Eyepiece One: 26x;
- Magnification Factor of Eyepiece Two: 75x;
- Highest Magnification factor: 228x
- Finder scope: EZ Finder II
- Mirror coating: silicon and aluminum;
- Tripod: wood;
- Mount: Dobsonian;
- Resolving power: 1.02 arc per second.
Here’s what you’ll find in the box once you’ve purchased the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope:
- Orion Starblast Optical Tube Assembly;
- 17mm Orion Explorer II Eyepiece;
- 6 mm Orion Explorer eyepiece;
- EZ Finder with reflex sight;
- Tube clamp;
- Eyepiece racks;
- Azimuth base;
- Collimator cap;
- Starry Night software.;
- User’s manual;
- One-year warranty certificate.
Additional Accessories for the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope:
- Orion 08711 Shorty 1.25-inch Barlow Lens;
- Orion 05662 1.25-inch thirteen percent Transmission Moon Filter;
- “Nightwatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe” by Terence Dickinson;
- Celestron 93230 8-to-24 mm 1.25-inch Zoom eyepiece;
- Orion 08890 1.25-inch Premium Telescope Accessory Kit, which includes 5xSirius Plossl eyepieces, 5x color eyepiece filters, 2x Shorty Barlow lenses, 1.25-inch neutral-density 13 percent transmission Moon filter and a foam-lined deluxe protection case.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The manufacturer offers a limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase.
All in all, the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector Telescope is a decent eyepiece, no matter the situation. Thanks to its high-quality optics, the telescope will produce crisp and beautiful close-up images of the Moon and Saturn’s rings.
Most customers who went ahead and bought this eyepiece declared that it is so simple to operate, that even a small child can use it. And, perhaps, the most outstanding feature of the Orion Starblast is its portability.
Unlike other reflective telescopes which are bigger and harder to carry unless you have the luxury of owning a vehicle, the Orion Starblast 4.5 Astro Reflector telescope is incredibly light. In fact, it’s so light, that you’ll literally be capable of carrying it in your hand.
We encourage beginners and professionals alike to buy the good and reliable Orion Starblast 4.5 telescope. In the end, we can truly state that the truth rests in the eye of the beholder, and the quality of the lens. Moreover, if you’re new to astronomy, we strongly encourage you to buy some additional star charts and a comprehensible guide to stargazing.