The Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope is the ideal choice if you’re an astronomy enthusiast who has just begun gazing at the stars. If you don’t want to break the bank investing in an expensive telescope, there are plenty of affordable choices for beginners. The Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ is one of those perfect options. You can take advantage of nowadays’ affordable technology to make your dream of watching the stars come true.
What is the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope?
The affordability of the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope is not the only feature that makes it stand out of the crowd. This telescope is incredibly simple to setup and use, even for beginners. The Celestron Astromaster 114EQ is more complex than other entry level telescopes out there. However, its additional features don’t reflect in the easy setup.
The scope of the Astromaster telescope comes with two eyepieces: a 20 mm one that allows 50x magnification and a 10 mm one which offers 100x magnification. These speak volumes about the telescope’s power and the detailed views it can offer. With the Celestron Astromaster 114EQ telescope, you can study the surface of the Moon as well as Saturn’s rings.
Made out of steel and aluminum, this instrument weighs 17 pounds and measures 20 x 33 x 55 inches. It has the latest version of the CG-2 equatorial mount, a 114 mm aperture and a focal length of 1000 mm. The Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope comes with the First Light Edition software which comprises 10,000 objects. This invaluable learning tool will help out any beginner who intends to discover as much as possible about our galaxy.
Pros and Cons to Using the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope
Celestron Astromaster 114 telescope reviews sing its praises, emphasizing how affordable and versatile it is. Though it may seem a perfect piece of equipment, it doesn’t come without flaws.
- Many Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ reflector telescope users were glad to report that the instrument was very easy to assemble, even for novices.
- The telescope is very versatile since it can be used both for astronomy and for land. You can use the instrument to gaze at stars as well as boats, birds or animals that are very far away.
- The Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ eyepieces are a huge bonus. The 20 mm and the 10 mm tools elevate it and set it apart from other entry-level telescopes.
- The sturdy tripod helps the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ reflector telescope sit safely both on carpets and any type of ground. The retractable feature of the tripod makes it user-friendly and easy to pack for short road trips.
- A Celestron Astromaster 114 review particularly enjoyed the straightforward software of the telescope which helps users identify various stars and planets.
- The Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ displays outstanding brightness, even for distant objects that on other telescopes could appear faint and dark.
- To illustrate the efficiency of the Celestron Astromaster 114, its customers boast that the Moon looks very sharp and vivid, while the Moons of Jupiter are very bright and clear.
- This instrument provides you with everything you need to get started. Whether you’ve just discovered a new hobby or you’re further developing your star gazing skills, it meets all the expectations. In addition, the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ images are crystal clear without overwhelming beginners with new settings and information.
- Several users complained about the star finder feature not being up to par.
- Unless you have very steady hands, you might find using the Celestron 114EQ to be a little tricky at first. The slightest shift will make you have to refocus and find your target again. However, once you understand its features, you will easily find the perfect spot.
- While this beginner telescope allows users to attach a DSLR to the camera mount, it can be hard work to achieve crisp photos without the tripod and a remote.
Where to Find the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope?
You can find the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope for sale on Amazon. With a list price of $249.95, the selling price of the telescope usually comes down to $178, which also includes free shipping. You can opt for one-day shipping and count on Amazon to offer amazing customer service.
A Celestron reflector telescope isn’t a high maintenance instrument, but you want to make sure you do everything in your power to keep it in its best shape. After all, the image and photo quality can be affected by the way you look after this tool. Make it a habit to always keep the lens cap on your Astromaster 114 when you’re not using it. Dust can be more damaging than you think. Sooner or later, it will start affecting your images, fogging up your photos.
Avoid touching the lens or mirror’s surface. Also, store your telescope and lenses in a dry room, with the caps on, in a bag or a box. Only clean your instruments with a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt that could impair the telescope’s functionality.
The Astromaster 114 EQ comes with a cheap and helpful software, as well as a detailed instructions manual. In addition to the two magnification eyepieces and the two focal length eyepieces, customers also receive a handy tripod and a deluxe accessory tray. You can easily expand your accessory kit by investing in other tools that will enable you to take breathtaking photos. Invest in eyepieces and diagonals if you’re after crisp images. However, use a camera adapter that will allow you to use your DSLR for capturing constellation pictures.
In addition, you can always pair it with the Celestron Skyportal WiFi Module.
Warranty and Guarantee Information
The Celestron Astromaster telescope has a two-years of warranty, which includes repairs and replacements for any defects.
Suitable for kids and beginners, this instrument impresses through its affordability and reliability. With 4.2/5 stars from 56 Amazon reviews, most customers were satisfied by what the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope has to offer. While it allows inexperienced astronomy enthusiasts to take a peek at nebulas, star clusters, and other planets, this tool might not live up to the expectations of more seasoned users. The two included eyepieces are a valuable bonus point, but the telescope does not come without its drawbacks. All in all, the Celestron Astromaster 114 EQ Reflector Telescope qualifies for one of the best entry level telescopes in its price range, with its pros easily outweighing its cons.